Sewing Fashion Knits - $39.99

Retail Price: $49.99
You Save: $10.00
from: Craftsy.com

Monday, February 18, 2013

Jacket Challenge!

I found this excellent technique while reading the wonderful world of sewing blogs.  It is about making bound button holes.  Here is a link to this couture technique The Bound Buttonhole.  While it looks involved, just remember it really is small potatoes here with only a few stitches and tiny clips, etc.  I love how she adds chocolate to her list of supplies.  When the going gets tough...relax with chocolate.

So here are the jackets I am considering although a few don't have buttons so I may have to make two jackets for my challenge. What fun!

I like View B best here.

Very cute and RETRO!

I have a fave jacket with a peplum and LOVE it.



Thinking of this one for the City vibe, but may shorten it a bit.

Nice lines! Love the fitting.

Cool and Simple Detailing.

What do you think?  Which one is your favorite?  If anyone has worked any of these patterns, let me know what you did, what you used and any changes you made.
~Ciao

Update:  I have chosen the Kwik Sew 3738, I don't think the pattern pics do the jacket justice, so I am going to mak one with a slight design trick. More to come on this once I get it in the mail and see if the fabric that has been begging me to put it into a spring garment.  My cogs are turning and clicking in my head and can't wait to begin.  Stay with me crew, we will have a really cute casual jacket that will flatter those of us without many curves.  And I hope you will join me and let me know what you think...good or bad, its all constructive in garment creation.  I love it all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment